When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. That is exactly what we have done during the Covid-19 closure. We took advantage of the time to make some important upgrades to our course and more. Here Head Greenkeeper Pepe Hinarejos gives us a list of the most exciting changes:
• Hole 1: We rebuilt the Tee to give the hole more privacy. We have also changed the path to the driving range to avoid any distraction from the people going to use the range.
• We constructed a new house for the starter.
• Hole 10: The tee boxes were rebuilt, giving the ladies a new tee.
• We restored the original course design and built a path that shortens the distance from the 18th hole green to the clubhouse.
• We have a new scorecard and slope with the evaluations by the Spanish Golf Federation.
• We planted a large number of pines (more than a hundred), to repopulate the areas that were damaged by recent storms, giving greater definition and separation between holes, and recovering the dog leg of Hole 5.
• We made substantial investments in the irrigation pump system. We built a new impulsion room in order to have the necessary water to irrigate the lawn in the summer months, all with highly efficient water usage systems.
• We installed the stick washing stations that include historical elements belonging to the old Can Barral estate.